Header AD

Post AD Top

Advertisement

Anushka Sharma Finally Speaks the Truth about Her Lip-Job Controversy

Ever since Anushka Sharma made an appearance (with fuller lips) on Koffee With Karan in 2014, the girl became the talk of the town for that exaggerated pout! She got trolled for her look, with people cracking distasteful jokes about the actress.


With endless speculations about her lip-job, Anushka finally broke her silence and called her a ‘lip enhancement’ technique by her make-up artist!

The actress is in news again for the hot topic, this time, for speaking her heart out on the same.

Opening up about the controversy, Anuhska, while giving an interview for this month’s edition of fashion magazine Vogue, said, “I have nothing to hide. So when I spoke about my lip job, a lot of people called me brave for coming out. But I did what I had to [for my role inBombay Velvet]. I’m not going to lie and say I didn’t; I had to take ownership. I wanted fans to know that I’m human and not perfect."


Anushka further shared how she handled constant criticism and dig at her. "I try not to get affected by trolls, because that can really mess me up. I make sure they don’t determine the way I lead my life," she said.   



Back in 2014, when Anushka found herself amidst troll-attack for her lip-job, after her appearance on the Karan Johar’s chat show, she clarified saying, "For a short while now I have been using a temporary lip enhancing tool and that along with make up techniques ( I have learnt over the years) is the reason why there might be a change in the appearance of my lips. Having stated this fact let me very vehemently assure everyone that I have by no means gone 'under the knife ' or done any kind of 'plastic surgery' or undergone any intrusive procedure. This was my decision and was done for the sake of my look in my upcoming film Bombay Velvet, a period drama where I play a jazz singer in the 1960's - 70's . And it was taken from the referencing of that time."   
Anushka Sharma Finally Speaks the Truth about Her Lip-Job Controversy Anushka Sharma Finally Speaks the Truth about Her Lip-Job Controversy Reviewed by silverscreenkhabri on 10:21 AM Rating: 5

Post AD

Post AD

Advertisement